Here’s What We Found
- The air fryer is the most popular gift on our list. Beyond its Amazon listing, the air fryer’s popularity has dominated in the form of Instagram accounts, multiple air fryer cookbooks, and TikTok hashtags that boast more than 362 million views.
- Americans’ love for the air fryer isn’t new news: In 2018, the US was the biggest contributor to the North American air fryer market, contributing $323.4 million in revenue. By 2026, the air fryer is estimated to bring in $476.7 million in revenue.
- Idaho, Maine, and Maryland searched for weighted blankets the most of any gift. Americans’ anxiety levels have increased exponentially since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, and since weighted blankets are great for anxious minds and bodies, it makes perfect sense that they’d be a hit in today’s world.
- Even though The Mandalorian made its hit debut in 2019, Baby Yoda toys are still the top search in nine states: Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, West Virginia.
- Washington, DC was the only location to search the Amazon Firestick the most of any gift—and it might be because upgrading streaming services is yesterday’s news. Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, 56% more Americans invested in paid streaming services at the start of lockdown.
- Although many Americans have already upgraded their streaming services, according to our data, the Amazon Alexa is still on people’s wish lists. Vermont, Kansas, and Nevada searched for the home gadget the most of any state. It's a worthy investment when you consider how much Americans will stay at home this winter.
|State||Most Popular Item|
|Alabama||Baby Yoda Toy|
|District of Columbia||Amazon Firestick|
|Indiana||Baby Yoda Toy|
|Iowa||Baby Yoda Toy|
|Montana||Fitbit Charge 3|
|Nebraska||Baby Yoda Toy|
|New Hampshire||Instant Pot|
|New Jersey||Air Fryer|
|New Mexico||Air Fryer|
|New York||Electric Scooter|
|North Carolina||Air Fryer|
|North Dakota||Google Pixel 4|
|Oregon||Baby Yoda Toy|
|Rhode Island||Google Pixel 4|
|South Carolina||Air Fryer|
|South Dakota||Baby Yoda Toy|
|Utah||Baby Yoda Toy|
|West Virginia||Baby Yoda Toy|
To find the most popular holiday gifts listed on Amazon, we analyzed Ahrefs keywords based on domain (amazon.com), traffic, and volume. From there, we ranked each keyword based on overall traffic.
We compiled the top ten keywords and used Google Shopping data to break down each item’s popularity by state (including DC) over the past ninety days.
Reporters can email questions to Bailey@attsavings.com.